Pour Art is a fun, accessible art form that allows us to be creative but also takes some of the control from us. This pour art paint recipe is intent on showing you what you will need, the proper general ration for mixing the paint and a step by step guide of any easy approach to mix the paint.
This is the list of ingredients.
- Soft bodied Acrylic Paint ( 2 oz Bottles)
- Canvas ( 5×5 ) is the best place to start
- Foam Brush
- Glass 2 cup Measuring Cup
- Plastic Measuring cup/spoon set (or at least measuring spoons)
- Plastic Funnel Set
- Pop Sicle Sticks
- Rubber Spatula
- 4oz Twist Cap Squeeze Bottle
- Plastic Wrap
- Acrylic Pouring Medium ( Best to buy online )
- Spray Bottle
- Acrylics Sealer Gloss Finish
The ratio of Paint, Pouring Medium, and Water is as follows
2 : 1 : 1/2
For 2 oz of paint use the following as a guideline ( different paints are different viscosity some will require a LITTLE more or a LITTLE less )
2 oz Paint
2 Tablespoons Pouring Medium
1 Tablespoon, 1 Tsp and 1/2 Tsp of Water
I have created a step by step guide using pictures to make it easier to follow.
BEFORE PAINTING YOU MUST PREPARE YOUR CANVAS WITH GESSO AND LET IT DRY!!! ( TUTORIAL SOON)